Provides a communication link between faculty, families, and the Parents' Association Board. Assists classroom teachers when requested, such as organizing carpools for field trips. Reports class activities at monthly Parents' Association meetings.
Responsibilities of room parents, as set forth by the Parents' Association, are:
1. Assist classroom teachers in areas where parental assistance can be helpful (e.g. field trips, waste-free classroom parties, school-sponsored activities);
2. Represent that class on the Parents' Association Board by attending monthly meetings and giving a short report of the class activities, as well as discussing any concerns that parents of that class may have;
3. Organize a class social gathering for parents/guardians, out of school, to promote a spirit of friendliness and togetherness;
4. Serve as a link between the class parents and committee chairs. Class parents may also be asked to support the administration to facilitate communication occasionally.
5. Assist school in securing volunteers to staff the Morning Drop-off program in the month assigned to their class.
6. Coordinate class gift for Dinner Auction.
To avoid schedule conflicts, transportation problems, or the like, any communications or invitations which involve the school, staff, students, site, or programs (e.g., class picnics, coffees or social events) must be cleared with the Parents' Association President (who will check with the school administration) well ahead of time as to content, form of release, and time of release.