Burke’s mission is to educate, encourage, and empower girls. Our school combines academic excellence with an appreciation for childhood so that students thrive as learners, develop a strong sense of self, contribute to community, and fulfill their potential, now and throughout life.
To fulfill its mission, Burke’s commits to:
- Provide a rigorous and robust program, tailored especially for girls, that nurtures academic, artistic, physical, cultural, and social-emotional growth.
- Offer a vibrant and innovative learning environment that develops curiosity and creativity along with the collaboration, communication, and critical thinking skills needed to succeed in a complex world.
- Build a caring, diverse, and inclusive school community that values differences as well as similarities and fosters a sense of responsibility for oneself and others.
- Take a child-centered approach to learning that honors developmental stages, supports healthy relationships, promotes well-being, and recognizes the individuality of each girl.
- Create ongoing opportunities for girls to embrace challenge, take risks, learn from mistakes, cultivate leadership, advocate for themselves, and achieve their personal best.
- Sustain an inspiring faculty that is passionate about education.
- Partner with parents to support a reflective and joyful educational experience.
- Strive for continual improvement in a school-wide culture that celebrates meaningful tradition as a bridge from past to present to future.